Pike Place Market in Seattle
For the fifth consecutive year, Delta Air Lines is expanding flights from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac) to seven new destinations. Since 2012, Delta has more than tripled flights and destinations at its Seattle hub.
Mike Medeiros, Delta’s vice president – Seattle, stated, “As we prepare for another year of significant growth at Sea-Tac, we’re pleased to offer customers access to more of the top business and leisure destinations, larger aircraft and convenient flight schedules, all with a premium customer experience unique to Delta in Seattle.”
Beginning this summer, global coverage will provide customers with access to 160 peak-day flights to 49 destinations from Seattle, including 16 of its top 20 destinations. Travel to Austin, Boston, Milwaukee, Nashville, Orlando and Raleigh, along with top destinations in Hawaii, Alaska and Canada will be available through new or expanded non-stop services. Specifically, the new year-round destinations are as follows:
1. One daily flight to General Mitchell Airport in Milwaukee beginning March 9, 2017.
2. Three daily flights to Eugene Airport in Oregon beginning April 1, 2017.
3. One daily flight to Nashville International Airport in Tennessee beginning May 26, 2017.
4. One daily flight to Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina beginning June 8, 2017.
5. One daily flight to Austin Bergstrom International Airport in Texas beginning June 12, 2017.
6. Two daily flights to Redmond Municipal Airport in Washington beginning June 12, 2017.
7. One daily flight to Lihue Airport in Kauai, Hawaii, beginning Dec. 21, 2017.
In 2017 Delta Air Lines will celebrate another Seattle milestone. Delta’s joint venture partner, Virgin Atlantic, will initiate service from Seattle to London’s Heathrow Airport using Boeing 787 aircraft. This flight replacement will add 50 seats and a Premium Economy class. The Port of Seattle is also anticipated to release a world-class International Arrivals Facility in early 2017.
Delta Air Lines was named on Fortune’s top 50 Most Admired Companies 2016, also earning the title of most admired airline for the fifth time in six years. Delta provides service to over 180 million customers every year. With an extensive global network, Delta and Delta Connection carriers service guests to 323 destinations in 57 countries.