Mid-bloom into the season, TripAdvisor has released its Seasonal Attractions Trend Index for spring. Based on year-over-year search activity on TripAdvisor’s website, the list of top 25 U.S. attractions makes a great starting point for meeting planners looking for trending offsites and excursions that will leave a strong impression on attendees.
“This spring, U.S. travelers have shown increased interest in nature and parks as well as sights and landmarks, particularly in the western part of the country,” says Brooke Ferencsik, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor. “TripAdvisor Attractions provide travelers with the tools to book a tour best suited for their preferences.”
Four Tennessee attractions made the list, including the No.1 spot, which went to The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. Country music’s most famous concert hall has over 90 years of history. Its first live performance was broadcast on the radio in 1925. This began the association of Grand Ole Opry with the popularization of country music. People are clearly interested in learning more, since year-over-year traffic has increased 110 percent. Memphis, Tennessee, lays claim to the other three ranked attractions: Beale Street, a historic downtown district; the National Civil Rights Museum – Lorraine Motel; and, of course, Elvis Presley’s Graceland.
Notably, Arizona attractions had the most mentions, with five spots on the list. Of course, the Grand Canyon South Rim made the list, ranking at No.6. Havasu Falls, another notable gem in Arizona, came in ninth place. Travelers can travel by foot, horseback or mule service to Havasu Falls, one of the most famous and most-photographed waterfalls in the country. Antelope Canyon and Devil’s Bridge Trail are two other outdoorsy attractions in Arizona that made the list. The Heard Museum of Native Cultures and Art in Phoenix, Arizona, was ranked 17th for its sensitive and accurate depictions of Native American cultures.
The rankings are a great reminder of the many spectacular activities, tours and cultures that groups can experience throughout the country. Plus, experiences like these are guaranteed to spark daydreams about ocean views in Hawaii or the bright, bustling streets of New York City long after your meeting is over.
The full list is below. For more details, visit TripAdvisor’s release!
Top Trending U.S. Attractions, Spring 2017
- The Grand Ole Opry – Nashville, Tennessee
- New York Tour1 – New York City, New York
- DC Trails – Washington DC, District of Columbia
- Kualoa – Kaneohe, Hawaii
- High Roller – Las Vegas, Nevada
- Grand Canyon South Rim – Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
- Antelope Canyon – Page, Arizona
- Disney California Adventure Park – Anaheim, California
- Havasu Falls – Supai, Arizona
- Garden of the Gods – Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Beale Street – Memphis, Tennessee
- San Diego Zoo – San Diego, California
- Hersheypark – Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Mount Soledad – La Jolla, California
- Magnolia Market at the Silos – Waco, Texas
- Old Town Trolley Tours of Washington DC – Washington DC, District of Columbia
- Heard Museum – Phoenix, Arizona
- National Civil Rights Museum – Lorraine Motel – Memphis, Tennessee
- Old Lahaina Luau – Lahaina, Hawaii
- Graceland – Memphis, Tennessee
- St. Louis Cathedral – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Devil’s Bridge Trail – Sedona, Arizona
- Middleton Place – Charleston, South Carolina
- The Alamo – San Antonio, Texas
- Biltmore Estate – Asheville, North Carolina