The past year or so we’ve really seen the major hotel chains evolve when it comes to their complimentary Wi-Fi offerings.
With IHG Rewards Club, Marriott, and Starwood there have been catches to the free Wi-Fi, like needing to be a member of their loyalty program and/or needing to book your reservation directly with the hotel in order to be eligible (not that those are big hurdles). Hyatt introduced “no strings attached” free Wi-Fi, meaning you don’t have to be a member of their loyalty program and don’t have to book directly through them in order to offer free Wi-Fi.
Hilton has been oddly silent, though it looks like they’ll finally be joining the free Wi-Fi bandwagon:
- Hilton HHonors Diamond members will receive complimentary premium Wi-Fi starting in the second quarter of 2015 when booking directly through Hilton.
- Hilton HHonors Blue and Silver members will receive complimentary basic Wi-Fi starting in August when booking directly through Hilton.
- Hilton HHonors Gold members will continue to receive complimentary basic Wi-Fi.
In order to be eligible for the free Wi-Fi you have to book directly through Hilton or via a corporate travel agency. So that means you can book through the following channels in order to receive complimentary Wi-Fi:
- The Hilton HHonors mobile app
- Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
- Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
- Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
- Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel